Bob graduated from Sheldon High School in 2005. He received a Bachelor of Science Degree with a double major in Accounting and Finance & Banking from Buena Vista University in 2011. Bob earned his law degree from Drake University Law School in 2015. While in law school Bob was involved with the Student Bar Association, Elder Law Clinic, and Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic.
Before joining Arends, Lee, Emick & Legvold in December 2016, Bob practiced in Tax Law for the Des Moines, IA firm of James R. Monroe, the same firm he interned with while in law school. Bob also interned at Homesteaders Life Company and the ISU Athletics Compliance Office. Prior to law school Bob worked as a staff accountant for several years at a Fort Dodge, IA CPA firm where he prepared individual and corporate tax returns, performed audit procedures for an array of clients, prepared monthly bookkeeping/financials, and provided payroll services.
Bob is married to Humboldt native, Kylee Myott (Myers) and has one child. Outside of work, Bob enjoys golfing, watching sports, and spending time with family and friends.
- Buena Vista University (B.S. – 2011)
- Drake University Law School (J.D. – 2015)
Memberships and Associations
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Humboldt County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Humboldt Rotary Club
- Humboldt/Dakota City Chamber of Commerce (Board Member)
- Humboldt Community School District (Board Member)
- Iowa Teacher Supply Swap (Board Member)