Marc graduated from Cedar Rapids Washington High School after spending most of his childhood in Humboldt. He received his Bachelor of Arts from Cornell College in 1970 and after serving a year on active duty with the Iowa National Guard, received his law degree from Drake University in 1974.
Marc practiced law in Des Moines for two years before joining Bob in practice in Humboldt in 1976. Marc was the Assistant Humboldt County Attorney from 1976 until 1985.
Marc is a member of the Congregational Church, the Humboldt 7 O’Clock Kiwanis, Humboldt Community School Foundation and the Humboldt-Dakota City Chamber of Commerce.
Marc is married to Humboldt native, Linda (Sande) Arends and the couple has two grown daughters and five grandchildren.
- Cornell College (B.A. – 1970)
- Drake University Law School (J.D. – 1974)
Memberships and Associations
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Humboldt County Bar Association
- Iowa Volunteer Lawyers Project
- 7 O’Clock Kiwanis (Former President)