Bob graduated from Humboldt High School in 1966. He received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in History and Secondary Education from the University of Iowa in 1971. He received his law degree from Washburn University School of Law in 1975.
Upon graduation he accepted the position of Humboldt County Attorney, a position he held until 1985. He is a current member of the 7 O’Clock Kiwanis and the Humboldt-Dakota City Chamber of Commerce. In the past he was active in a number of civic and charitable organizations. He was City Attorney for the Cities of Dakota City and Bode.
Bob is married to Humboldt native, Jane (Edge) Lee and the couple has three grown children and five grandchildren. When not working, he spends time with his children and grandchildren. He also enjoys fishing and hunting, even with limited success.
- University of Iowa (B.A. – 1971)
- Washburn University (J.D. – 1975)
Memberships and Associations
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Humboldt County Bar Association
- Iowa Volunteer Lawyers Project
- American Heart Association - Former Humboldt County Chair
- American Heart Association, Iowa Affiliate Former Board Member
- Humboldt Library Foundation Board Member
- Humboldt Athletic Boosters - Former President
- 7 O’Clock Kiwanis Former President
- State of Iowa Executive Department – County Finance Committee (Former Member)
- Iowa County Attorneys Association – Legislative Committee (Former Member)